The III International Conference „Holocaust museums and memorial places in post-communist countries challenges and opportunities” will take place on September 8-10, 2014 in Riga. The conference will emphasize importance of the Holocaust remembrance.
• Memorialisation of the Holocaust in post-communist countries
• Education of the Holocaust history as a part of museums’ activities
• Jewish Forced Labor under the Nazis
• Jews of the Reich and Protectorate deported to Eastern Europe for extermination
• The fate of the Roma (Gypsies) during the Holocaust
The deadline for applications is April 10, 2014. Please send a title of your paper, an abstract (not more than 500 words), your first and last names, academic degree, academic affiliation, address and e-mail to: project@ shamir.lv.
Working languages of the conference are English and Russian. Applications and presentations could be done in either of both languages. We intend to publish conference papers in a special issue.
More information and registration by firstname.lastname@example.org, +371-67791784.
We are looking forward to see you in Riga!